Wednesday, May 13, 2009

How Is It Possible

I've been doing so reminiscing over the last few weeks, it makes me both sad and happy.

Thanks to facebook, I have found some friends that I made while living in The Netherlands. It is hard for me to imagine that it has been 10 years since I packed up my life and moved over there. At the time, I thought, "I am 17 I can do this", but looking back now I think, "Wow I was only 17". I feel like I learned more there than I ever would have my junior year, it forced me to grow up and not depend on Mom and Dad, and the experience...well it was that of a life time. When thinking back it seems so long ago, I truly believe I would not be who I am or where I am if I had not gone.

Next year will be my 10 year reunion which seems even more crazy. Friday night I was able to go back to Eldora and see some high school friends, Sherri, Dani, and Amber. It was great to catch up and talk about the "old days". I enjoyed myself and I enjoyed my company. I look forward to catching up with everyone next year, and I think it is getting to be that time when Ben needs to start the planning.

Jeremy and I have been together for 9 years, I was 18 when we meet at Fareway...hard to believe. I thank God everyday for him and the experiances we have shared. He has been both my rock and my soft spot. I am excited to see what the next 9 years brings for us.

No comments: