Wednesday, May 27, 2009

To Lose A Son

I was informed yesterday that a friend from grade school lost her brother-in-law over the holiday weekend, and I can't seem to stop thinking about it. I've never meet him, nor have I ever met my friends husband (his brother). To my knowledge he was young man and, it makes me wonder how his parents got out of bed today. I can't imagine the loss of a son/daughter.

Since the death of dad I've often wonder "What God Was Thinking", but have never been able to come up with that answer. There are days when I feel like he is still here with me and other days he feels so far away and I am afraid my memories will fade away. I truly know that my memories of Dad will never vanish from my heart and that God had a bigger and better plan that I can/will ever imagine.

Since yesterday I've been thinking of my Grandma as well, and I would like to think that I will grow into half the lady that she is. My Grandma is a strong women who has survived the loss of two sons, husband, siblings, and friends.

Thinking of my Grandma, I know that the Smiths will get through this day by day, week by week, and sadly year by year. I truly believe that one day all of our questions will be answered when we are met at Heaven's Gate.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Oh Megan, I'm so with you..I can't stop thinking about it, and is literally the first thing I think about when I wake up in the morning. I do find some peace through my faith, but thinking of the excruciating pain and sorrow the Smith's are feeling is unimaginable....I posted a link to a neat video on my facebook, if ya wanna check it out...it talks about facing difficult times and how we can feel save in the arms of our Savior...take care, and don't forget to tell the ones you love that you love them! :)