Friday, June 12, 2009

Scare

Well, as a mother I had my first big scare the other night with Tyson. Jeremy was working late last night and I always try to have the boys asleep before he gets home, otherwise they are so excited to see him that they end up staying up way too late. I put Tyson to bed early, he was fussing and rubbing his eyes so off to bed he went. I could hear him in their talking for a bit, but then all of a sudden he let out the worst cry that has ever come from him. I went running into his bedroom and he had his leg stuck (up to his knee) between two bars. His upper body was so twisted that I was scared if he twisted anymore he was going to snap his leg. I tried to move it and it was not budging, I put Drew in the crib with him so he could hold him still while I ran to get some lotion. I lathered his leg up with lotion, wouldn't move, so I put more lotion on, and it still won't move. I am thinking what am I going to do? If I have to call Jeremy it will take at least 10 minutes for him to get here, so I decided to put lotion on one more time and this time it comes free. After getting his leg free it took me about 45 minutes to calm him down, I bet the neighbors thought that I had beat him, they way he was screaming.

After getting him calmed down and back to sleep I called my in-laws, and they got me calmed down. I was worried he might have twisted his knee, and they told me all of the sings I should look for the next morning.

The next morning when he woke, the incident did not slow him down one bit. He has two bruises on either side of his knee, but all and all his leg is perfectly fine.

No comments: