Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Heavy


Some of you know already, but Monday night our family cat, Heavy went missing. He went outside around 8:30 and never came back.
Heavy has been with Jeremy longer than I have. I have never been a cat lover (I blame that on my Dad), but with Heavy I made and exception...just kidding, he was a good boy, and at times he acted more like a dog than a cat. As much as I would complain about the litter and his constant shedding, I wasn't ready for him to leave us.
So, Tuesday morning when I woke up and he still wasn't there, I waited for Aubrey to show up and for my babies to wake up and we walked around the neighbor hood, I was afraid that he wonder off to pass on, and I was afraid that Drew and I would find his lifeless body laying in a bush somewhere so we decided to come home. Later that morning, I saw Todd (one of Jeremy's co-workers) driving around...yep he was looking for Heavy too. Jeremy got home and 12:00 and Aubrey left at that same time, so the four of us looked around some more...still no Heavy.
Wednesday morning I woke up and went running to the back door to see if he was there, nope still no Heavy. Jeremy had the day off so he went walking around the neighbor hood again...and still no Heavy. I called every Vet in town and up to the police station...still no Heavy. That evening when I drove around looking for him with no luck. Every time we went outside we would call for him, but nothing.
One of the Vets that I spoke with gave me some hope, she told me that "yes pets do hide when they no that they are sick and they are dying, but the hide in a familiar place, i.e. under beds. And cat go by sight and not smell, so if he did wonder off it would take him longer to get home." Some relief, but this just wasn't like him.
Today, Thursday, Jeremy had to work at 5:00am, Tyson was starting to fuss about 4:00 and I heard Jeremy go in and claim him down, then I heard him go to the kitchen. While he was in the kitchen I heard "Heavy" every so lightly, then I heard him open up that back door and scream "Heavy", and then "Oh Heavy where have you been?"
I am very glad to report that Heavy came home to us a little after 4:00am he is fine, was hungry, but is fine, and we are all glad to have him home!

2 comments:

beauty queen's mama said...

oh meg! so glad you found him! i'm certainly not a cat lover, or liker for that matter...but i never wish for anyone to lose their loved pets. :(

Renee said...

i told you he'd come home... he was just out "cattin' around!" I'm happy he came home - losing a pet is not fun.