Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Love/Hate

I have a love/hate relationship with the kitchen in this house we are renting. I love that it is so old and I hate that it is so old.

The cupboards and drawers are metal...which has been a perfect place to display all of the art work Drew has made for us.

The fridge is one of those old fridges that has the freezer inside, so about once a month I have to beat the s#!t out of with a hammer it to defrost it.

The stove, I think is older than all of my blog readers...it has to be from the 1950s, it is humgo and no matter how many times I've cleaned it top to bottom, after almost two years here, I still feel like it isn't clean enough.

The floor, well it is that old aluminum flooring, you know with all the specks in it. Which, I must say, is great because it hides the dirt and sand well, but that is the same reason I hate it.
Earlier today a box of Nerds was spilt on the floor, no big deal right? I don't know how many times I swept, and because of the specks, I would miss some and five minutes later step on one. For something so small they sure hurt the bottom of your feet. I finally got down on my hands and knees till I made sure everyone of them was off the floor.

Now for the sink, it is porcelain, which I love because it is easy to clean and I just love the whiteness of it. However, my sink and my dishes have battled and the sink usually wins.
If a dish is dropped too hard it will break or chip. I've lost two drinking glasses and 5 desert plates. Do you think God is trying to tell me something by killing my desert plates?

2 comments:

Renee said...

Oh Megan, I LOVE big old kitchens... but this 1950's comment...hmmm...just WHEN in the 1950's are you talking??? It just might be that I AM OLDER than your stove! :)

beauty queen's mama said...

it's NOT a sign....keep eating your dessert! :)

hang in there....someday all of the pieces will fall into place!

love ya!