Tuesday, December 9, 2008

The Start

Well, it is the end of 2008 and we have so many things to be thankful for this year. On January 20th (Drew's two year birthday party) we found out that we were going to be blessed with another member of the family. In May we found out that our blessing was going to be a boy. Of course Jeremy and I went round and round with names, because boy names just don't come easy to us.

Fast forwarding to August, when I only had 7 weeks left of my pregnancy, Jeremy was asked to go work at the Dyersville store. Jeremy took the job leaving Drew and I in North Liberty to pack up and take care of any loose ends. Drew and I officially moved on September 8th. We found a house, which is great, no more cement slabs for Drew to play on, he actually has a yard he can play in.

Let the unpacking begin, I wanted to try and get has much unpacked as I could before the baby come. On September 19th Drew went to Eldora to stay with Aunt Melissa and her girls so I could work on the house, with some help from Mom. Mom and I worked all day on Saturday trying to finish up each of the rooms, in which we got most of it done. After Mom left I decided to pack the babies bag for the hospital, and then try and get some sleep since Drew was coming home the next day. However, instead of sleeping, I started getting contractions, we headed to Cedar Rapids around mid-night on Sunday morning. At 7:34 AM we were blessed with Tyson Robert. Drew came to visit, Tyson, Mommy, and Daddy, then off he went to Galena with my Mom. Four days without Drew was the longest I had been apart from him.

Some other great news, Jeremy's parents moved back to Iowa in April from Alabama. That was a long year with them being gone.

Dyersville, living in Dyersville, has been great so far. I get to be a stay at home Mom, which I love. The store is smaller and slower than North Liberty, and for those of you who know Jeremy, know that he likes to keep busy so that has been a bit of an adjustment for him, but all around, he likes it here.

No comments: